Andover - Town Meetings
From Andover Answers
The first town meeting of record in Andover was held in January 1656 to clarify land ownership. Dudley Bradstreet, son of Anne and Simon, was Andover's first town clerk.
Memorial Hall Library holds microfilm, audio, video and written transcripts of Andover Town Meetings.
- Microfilm - 1657 to 1998
- Printed - 1656 - 2011
- Audio - 1986 -
- Video - 1996 -
- DVD - 2007 -
Location of Town Meeting materials in the library:
- Some written transcripts are found in the Andover Room.
- Earlier audio and video are found in the Andover Room.
- "Early Andover: Of wine, whiskey and winter," Andover Townsman, December 6, 2012, page 14.
- Andover Room Holdings notebook, page 79
- Andover Town Meeting materials.
back to Main Page