Andover Biography - Amos Blanchard
From Andover Answers
Amos Blanchard was born in Wilton, New Hampshire in 1773; he moved to Andover in 1787 and attended Phillips Academy.
He was a man with many positions in the town. He worked as a surveyor at Phillips Academy. He was active in South Church as moderator and deacon. He ran a paper mill, was a cashier at Andover Bank, served as treasurer for Abbot Academy, and was the director of the Mutual Fire Insurance Company.
He and his family moved into their home home on 97 Main Street in Andover in 1819. It is now the site of Amos Blanchard House & Barn Museum, which has been restored to reflect the early part of the nineteenth century.
- Andover Stories Continues: Amos Blanchard Story, part I - Building a Trophy House Andover Townsman, May 17, 2012, by Gail Ralston
- Andover Stories: Amos Blanchard, Mover and Shaker, part II of His Story, Andover Townsman, May 24, 2012, by Gail Ralston
- Amos Blanchard House & Barn Museum
- "Amos Blanchard Portrait Comes Home to 97 Main Street" Andover Historical Society Newsletter, Winter 1978-1988.
- Who was Amos Blanchard, Andover Room R B BLANCHARD, Am. (pamphlet box 6)