Andover Business - West Family Bakery
From Andover Answers
West Family Bakery was a family bakery owned and operated by John P. West and his wife Rosa from 1904 to 1930. The bakery first opened at 11 Barnard Street and was called J. P. West Pure Food Bakery. In 1910, the bakery moved to Main Street. In 1913, Rosa West died. The business was then taken over by Agnes Heap, John P. West's second wife, in 1922. Agnes Heap West moved the business to 12 Park Street, where she operated it for less than a year. On March 6, 1923, she sold the business to her stepson Jesse West and Fred E. Blaisdell. At this point, the bakery was located at 16 Park Street. There is no record of the bakery after 1930.
- "History rises from a mother's trunk", The Andover Townsman, March 20, 2008.
back to Main Page
--Jen 10:14, November 3, 2010 (EST)