Andover Historic Houses - Almshouse

From Andover Answers

Jump to: navigation, search

Burnham Road was once called Alms Street because it ran past the poor house. The name changed about 1899 when George L. Burnham, superintendant of the Almshouse lived there.

Source

  • Andover Historical Building Survey, Volume 3 (63 Burnham Road)(66 Burnham Road).


--Eleanor 15:16, November 21, 2008 (EST)

back to Main Page

Personal tools