Andover Historic Houses - Captain Stephens Abbot House
From Andover Answers
The house, built in 1825 and located near the corner of Ballardvalle and Sunset Rock roads, was moved in February, 2002 to South Main Street (near 373 South Main). Its original site was 45 Ballardvale Road. Mike and Sharon Ristuccia moved and renovated the house which had to be moved in two pieces.
Captain Abbot was a Revolutionary War veteran. The Abbot family once housed and employed 22 Acadian families who moved to town after they were expelled from Nova Scotia by the British.
- "On home, bold move or a costly one", Andover Townsman, January 31, 2002, page 3.
- "Home may go for Sunday drive", Andover Townsman, February 21, 2002.
- "Owners moving local part of history", Lawrence Eagle Tribune, February 23, 2002.
- "House Move", Lawrence Eagle Tribune, March 25, 2002.
- "Moving History: As man begins creating his bigger, better historic home...", Andover Townsman, August 5, 2004.
back to Main Page