Andover Musicians and Musical Groups - Mappari
From Andover Answers
- The Mappari band consists of Will Dailey from Andover and 3 musicians who have known each other from high school in Long Island, Chris Driscoll, Glen Cancelleire, and Anthony Burulcich.
- Will Dailey first picked up a guitar when he was 12 and played in bands in high school. The other three band members had played with each other, before they all met at the University of Massachusetts at Amherst.
- All four tranferred to University of Massachustts Boston after Mappari was formed. The band’s name comes from the Mapparium at the Christian Science center in Boston which Will Dailey has called “the place where sound never dies”, because of its accoustical properties.
- The band members took a year off, and then reformed in 2000. They played at Slamfest 2000 in the Tweeter Center and at a Sony Music showcase in Texas.
- They raised almost $20,000 from fans to publish their first full length album in 2001, High Enough to Notice. They had been playing on and off together for 5 years.
- In 2001 they were playing in Boston and New York at least once a week and planning East and West Coast tours. Will Dailey was also playing solo.
Band Celebrates CD of “Undying Sound.” Andover Townsman, 6/21/2001, p.24.
--Leslie 16:36, December 2, 2011 (EST)
back to Main Page