Andover Musicians and Musical Groups - Marcus DeLoach
From Andover Answers
- Marcus DeLoach graduated from Andover High School in 1992, not thinking that he would be performing opera. By 1998 this baratone had completed a 3-year run at Opera Theatre of St. Louis. He had also found out that it wasn't easy to have a career as a classical arts singer. As he said," the superstars get the big money," and you can go in and out of fame.
- At age 24 he was going to make his debut at London's Wigmore Hall, and, after that, make his debut at Boston Lyric Opera playing Marquis in la Traviata. He also took time to do a non-operatic program at the Collins Center for Dollars for Scholars.
- By 2003 he had been with the New York City Opera for 3 years. He was part of a group of American opera singers who were trying the make opera a vital American medium. He sometimes sang newer American works and some operas in English translation. He wanted to sing at the Met some day, but also to be more of a crossover artist.
- American Song Marcus DeLoach (CD VocalDel)
- Classical Art Singer Marcus DeLoach to Perform Nov. 1 at Collins Center. Andover Townsman. 7/16/1998, page 14.
- At the Forefront of Opera's New Breed. (photos) Andover Townsman. 1/23/2003, page 15.
--Leslie 14:34, December 16, 2011 (EST)
back to Main Page