From Andover Answers
The Centennial Issue of the Andover Townsman was published July 21, 1988. The special issue is a retrospect of town history. The Townsman was started in 1887 when a corporation of businessmen, including John N. Cole, purchased the Andover Press which previously published the Andover Advertiser. The Advertiser had begun publishing in 1853 and published weekly until 1866 when the Townsman replaced the Advertiser. Irving Rogers purchased the Press in 1949. The Andover Press ceased operation in 1960 however, the Townsman survived.
- Andover Townsman, July 21, 1988
- Andover a Century of Change:1896 - 1996 by Eleanor Motley Richardson, (974.45 Ric) pages 136 & 137.
- "In a century of change, the Townsman has been there," Andover Townsman, October 7, 1999, p. 13A.
- "Town seeks newspaper racks bylaw," Andover Townsman, February 2, 2006.
--Glenda 12:56, November 24, 2006 (EST)
back to Main Page