Ballard Vale United Church
From Andover Answers
Ballard Vale United Church (Ballardvale) was established in 1850 and was originally called the Ballard Vale Union Society because it represented several religious sects. The hall in the school house was rented for services. Professor E. A. Park of the Andover Theological Seminary led the first worship service. In September 1850 Rev. Henry S. Greene, a Congregational minister, began to preach.
Rev. Edward Deyton was installed in 2005.
- "'The Rev. Dr. Mom' Unorthodox Methodist pastor honored Sunday," Andover Townsman, November 21, 2002, p. 8.
- "50th anniversary celebration planned at Ballard Vale United Church," Andover Townsman, April 28, 2005.
- "Minister's tack is tunes," Eagle Tribune, July 3, 2005, p. C1.
- "New pastor Deyton looks to add soul, souls," Andover Townsman, September 15, 2005.
--Kim 14:26, July 26, 2013 (EDT)
back to Main Page