From Andover Answers
St. Francis Seminary on River Road provided the town with a light show between World War II and the mid-1960s. The tradition grew from putting candles in the windows before World War II to lighting the entire building with over 250,000 lights. St. Francis Seraphic Seminary opened in 1930 and closed in 1977.
- Andover Townsman, December 10, 1998, pages 27 & 28.
- Andover a Century of Change:1896 - 1996 by Eleanor Motley Richardson, (974.45 Ric)pages 173-174.
--Glenda 10:08, November 30, 2006 (EST)
back to Main Page