Harold Parker State Forest
From Andover Answers
The state forest was established in 1916 and named for Harold Parker who died during his term as chairman of the State Conservation Commission. The forest is located in Essex and Middlesex counties: 60% in North Andover, 30% in Andover, 8% in North Reading, and 2% in Middleton. The two natural ponds are Berry and Bear Ponds.
There are 36 miles of trails and 91 campsites.
- North Andover Citizen, July 8, 1998, p.9.
- "Town seeks payback for forest costs," Eagle Tribune, March 25, 2005.
- "Harold Parker State Forest a Trove of Adventure:Outdoor Adventure for Young and Old Alike," Eagle Tribune, August 26, 2012, p. B1, B3.
back to Main Page