From Andover Answers
75 Essex Street was the old Howarth House. It was purchased and renovated in 2007. The first owner recorded was Dr. James Howarth. He, his wife Sarah, and seven children ran the nine-acre farm in the 1800s. The original structure is believed to date back to 1790. The house was sold to the Smith and Dove Mill Company when Sarah died in 1885.
- "That Old House: Real estate business owners learn history of home that will become their offices," Andover Townsman, October 4, 2007.