From Andover Answers
- Born 1986 - Died 1868
- His home was in the Abbot Tavern on Elm Street
- Held many town offices and later became a state senator
- Founder of the Boston and Portland Railroad (later the Boston & Maine Railroad).
- A portrait of Amos Abbot painted by Thomas Buchanan Read was presented to the Memorial Hall Library Board of Trustees in December 1982.Mr. Abott was approximately fifty-five years old.
- Andover Townsman Oct. 1892, Dec. 1893
- Andover Symbol of New England, by Claude Fuess (R974.45 Fue), page 279.
back to Main Page
--Eleanor 17:21, February 2, 2006 (EST)