Addison Gallery of American Art

From Andover Answers

(Difference between revisions)
Jump to: navigation, search
Line 5: Line 5:
* ''Andover Townsman'', February 8, 2007, page 1+.
* ''Andover Townsman'', February 8, 2007, page 1+.
*"No longer a lady in waiting", ''The Andover Townsman'', January 14, 2010.
*"No longer a lady in waiting", ''The Andover Townsman'', January 14, 2010.
 +
*"Chihuly 'Floats' join Addison's new roof", ''The Andover Townsman'', August 12, 2010.
<br style="clear:both;" />
<br style="clear:both;" />

Revision as of 15:31, January 25, 2011

Built in 1931 on the campus of Phillips Academy, the Addison Gallery of American Art was the first gallery devoted entirely to American Art. The museum owns approximately 1500 paintings. In 2007, plans are underway to increase the size of the gallery by 60%. More museum space, storage and a library will be added from part of a $5 million donation by former student Thomas Israel.

See

  • Andover Townsman, February 8, 2007, page 1+.
  • "No longer a lady in waiting", The Andover Townsman, January 14, 2010.
  • "Chihuly 'Floats' join Addison's new roof", The Andover Townsman, August 12, 2010.


--Glenda 14:31, February 9, 2007 (EST)

back to Main Page

Personal tools