From Andover Answers
Philip and Betty Allen donated their home located at 1 Highland Road to Phillips Academy in 1992. The Allens bought the house in 1936. The property sits on three acres and will be used for faculty housing.
Mr. Allen was a 1929 graduate of Phillips Academy. He attended Yale, was a decorated veteran of WWII, and was elected to the state senate in 1946 and 1951. Allen also served as a selectman, and as president of Abbot Academy at the time of its merger with Phillips.
- "Family donates historic 1830 farmhouse to Phillips Academy," Eagle Tribune, December 2, 1992, p. 9.