Andover - Date of Incorporation

From Andover Answers

(Difference between revisions)
Jump to: navigation, search
m
m
Line 5: Line 5:
See
See
*[http://134.241.121.88/ipac20/ipac.jsp?session=1VO23D1142234.6117&menu=search&aspect=subtab783&npp=25&ipp=20&spp=20&profile=man&ri=&term=&index=.GW&aspect=subtab783&term=&index=.AW&term=andover+a+century+of+change&index=.ET&term=&index=.SW&x=0&y=0#focus ''Andover a Century of Change:1896 - 1996''] by Eleanor Motley Richardson, (974.45 Ric), page 11.
*[http://134.241.121.88/ipac20/ipac.jsp?session=1VO23D1142234.6117&menu=search&aspect=subtab783&npp=25&ipp=20&spp=20&profile=man&ri=&term=&index=.GW&aspect=subtab783&term=&index=.AW&term=andover+a+century+of+change&index=.ET&term=&index=.SW&x=0&y=0#focus ''Andover a Century of Change:1896 - 1996''] by Eleanor Motley Richardson, (974.45 Ric), page 11.
-
*[http://http://134.241.121.88/ipac20/ipac.jsp?session=1166L694E5H87.24853&menu=search&aspect=advanced&npp=25&ipp=20&spp=20&profile=man&ri=&index=BC&term=31330005038264&oper=and&aspect=advanced&index=.AW&term=&oper=and&index=.ET&term=&oper=and&index=.SW&term=&sort=&x=0&y=0#focus ''Andover Town Handbook 2001 Update''], R 974.45 Lea 2001, page 3.
+
*[http://http://134.241.121.88/ipac20/ipac.jsp?session=1166L694E5H87.24853&menu=search&aspect=advanced&npp=25&ipp=20&spp=20&profile=man&ri=&index=BC&term=31330005038264&oper=and&aspect=advanced&index=.AW&term=&oper=and&index=.ET&term=&oper=and&index=.SW&term=&sort=&x=0&y=0#focus ''Andover Town Handbook 2001 Update''], (R 974.45 Lea 2001), page 3.
--[[User:Eleanor|Eleanor]] 14:46, December 18, 2006 (EST)
--[[User:Eleanor|Eleanor]] 14:46, December 18, 2006 (EST)

Revision as of 19:42, December 18, 2006

Andover was incorporated on May 6, 1646. At that time the town included what is now Andover, North Andover, part of Boxford, and South Lawrence. Boxford separated in 1740. South Lawrence separated in 1847. In 1855 the town voted to into North Andover and Andover.

The first permanent settlement of Andover was established in 1641. Shortly there after the Pennacook tribal chief Cutshamache sold a parcel of land that included Andover for "six pounds and a coat" to John Woodbridge. There was one stipulation on the sale: Roger, a local Pennacook, was granted permission to plant corn and take alewives from a brook on the land.

See

--Eleanor 14:46, December 18, 2006 (EST)



back to Main Page

Personal tools