Andover - Parking Lots
From Andover Answers
There are large town parking lots located on Barnard and Main Streets, Main Street at Olde Andover Village, and Memorial Hall Library at 2 North Main Street. The Barnard and Olde Andover lots are "pay and display," which was a controversial change from meters. The Memorial Hall Library lots is still metered.
A parking lot for municipal employees was created on Pearson Street in 2011. The 19th century house formerly located on the site at 16 Pearson Street was purchased by Peter and Shirley Schwarz for $9,088. They relocated the historic building to 1 Shaw Drive to make way for the lot. It is the third home the Schwarzes are renovating.
- "Meter feeders unite," Andover Townsman, August 7, 1997, page 27.
- "'Visionary' parking garage presented to selectmen," Andover Townsman, April 16, 1998.
- "Downtown parking could get easier in high turnover areas," Andover Townsman, July 15, 1999, page 1.
- "Main Street parking changes not enough, say some selectmen," Andover Townsman, July 22, 1999, page 5.
- "Parking lot: $26,000 in potential revenue lost," Andover Townsman, January 8, 2004.
- "Will beat go on for pay-and-display?," Andover Townsman, February 3, 2005, page 1.
- "Pay and display parking: 'It doesn't make sense'," Andover Townsman, May 5, 2005.
- "Town set to replace homes: Buildings to be demolished for parking lot," Andover Townsman, June 25, 2009.
- "Historic home to make way for parking," Andover Townsman, July 15, 2011.