Andover - Town Seal

From Andover Answers

(Difference between revisions)
Jump to: navigation, search
m
m
Line 4: Line 4:
** The new town seal was adopted at the annual Town Meeting on March, 5, 1900.
** The new town seal was adopted at the annual Town Meeting on March, 5, 1900.
* For the Town's 350th anniversary, the Town requisitioned a painting of the seal for the selectman's meeting room. Kristoffel Meulen, then a high school senior, was chosen.
* For the Town's 350th anniversary, the Town requisitioned a painting of the seal for the selectman's meeting room. Kristoffel Meulen, then a high school senior, was chosen.
 +
 +
 +
[[Image:seal.jpg|thumb|...''Cocoanut and Decoration Day''.... click to enlarge|left]]

Revision as of 14:24, July 16, 2007

  • The original town seal included just text: the town name, state, and date of incorporation.
  • In 1895 John E. Whiting, a local jewler, designed a porcelin pin depicting the sale of the land from the Indians as a souvenir for the Town's 250th anniversary.
  • For the Town's 350th anniversary, the Town requisitioned a painting of the seal for the selectman's meeting room. Kristoffel Meulen, then a high school senior, was chosen.


...Cocoanut and Decoration Day.... click to enlarge
...Cocoanut and Decoration Day.... click to enlarge


See


--Eleanor 12:39, July 13, 2007 (EDT)

back to Main Page

Personal tools