Andover - Town Seal

From Andover Answers

(Difference between revisions)
Jump to: navigation, search
m
m
Line 1: Line 1:
* The original town seal included just text: the town name, state, and date of incorporation.
* The original town seal included just text: the town name, state, and date of incorporation.
-
* In 1895 John E. Whiting, a local jewler, designed a porcelin pin depicting the sale of the land from the Indians as a souvenir for the Town's 250th anniversary.
+
* In 1895 John E. Whiting, a local jewler, designed a porcelin pin depicting the sale of the land that was to become Andover from the Indians as a souvenir for the Town's 250th anniversary.
** A banner was also commissioned using the same picture. [http://andoverma.gov/about/250th.php Andover's 250th Anniversary Banner]
** A banner was also commissioned using the same picture. [http://andoverma.gov/about/250th.php Andover's 250th Anniversary Banner]
** The new town seal was adopted at the annual Town Meeting on March, 5, 1900.
** The new town seal was adopted at the annual Town Meeting on March, 5, 1900.

Revision as of 14:27, July 16, 2007

  • The original town seal included just text: the town name, state, and date of incorporation.
  • In 1895 John E. Whiting, a local jewler, designed a porcelin pin depicting the sale of the land that was to become Andover from the Indians as a souvenir for the Town's 250th anniversary.
  • For the Town's 350th anniversary, the Town requisitioned a painting of the seal for the selectman's meeting room. Kristoffel Meulen, then a high school senior, was chosen.


...Cocoanut and Decoration Day.... click to enlarge
...Cocoanut and Decoration Day.... click to enlarge



See


--Eleanor 12:39, July 13, 2007 (EDT)

back to Main Page

Personal tools