Andover - Town Seal

From Andover Answers

Revision as of 18:46, July 13, 2007 by Eleanor (Talk | contribs)
Jump to: navigation, search
  • The original town seal included just text: the town name, state, and date of incorporation.
  • In 1995 John E. Whiting, a local jewler, designed a souvenir porcelin pin depicting the sale of the land from the Indians.
    • When Andover celebrated it's 250th anniversary in 1896, Indian Chief Cutshumache, with a coat draped over his arm, holds a bag containing 6 English pounds. A banner was also commissioned using the same picture. Andover's 250th Anniversary Banner
    • The design was adopted at the annual Town Meeting on March, 5, 1900.
  • For the Town's 350th anniversary, the Town requisitioned a painting of the seal for the selectman's meeting Room. Kristoffel Meulen, then a high school senior, was chosen.


--Eleanor 12:39, July 13, 2007 (EDT)

back to Main Page

Personal tools