Andover - Town Seal

From Andover Answers

Revision as of 19:53, July 13, 2007 by Eleanor (Talk | contribs)
Jump to: navigation, search
  • The original town seal included just text: the town name, state, and date of incorporation.
  • In 1895 John E. Whiting, a local jewler, designed a porcelin pin depicting the sale of the land from the Indians as a souvenir for the Town's 250th anniversary.
    • The town adapted this design for the town seal. A banner was also commissioned using the same picture. Andover's 250th Anniversary Banner
    • The new town seal was adopted at the annual Town Meeting on March, 5, 1900.
  • For the Town's 350th anniversary, the Town requisitioned a painting of the seal for the selectman's meeting Room. Kristoffel Meulen, then a high school senior, was chosen.


--Eleanor 12:39, July 13, 2007 (EDT)

back to Main Page

Personal tools