Andover Author - Mary McGarry Morris
From Andover Answers
Andover resident Mary McGarry Morris is a well known author,- both of novels and short stories, and a playwright. Mary's characters come from her life experience. Growing up she lived in a small town in Vermont, much like the settings of her novels. Later she became a state social worker and saw individuals struggling to maintain a life.
- Light from a Distant Star (2011)
- Last Secret (2009)
- Lost Mother (2005)
- Hole in the Universe (2004)
- Fiona Range (2000)
- Vanished (1998) finalist for both a National Book Award and a Pen/Faulkner Award
- Songs in Ordinary Time (1995) made into movie for television and listed as an Oprah Book Club pick
- A Dangerous Woman (1992) made into a movie staring Debra Winger
- "Inside the Lives of Outsiders," Boston Globe, March 9, 2005
- "The Last Secret is Out: Mary McGarry Morris Releasing New Book", Andover Townsman, April 2, 2009
- "McGarry Morris' new "Light from a Distant Star", Andover Townsman, October 6, 2011
- An Ordinary Life", Boston Globe Magazine, a August 13, 1995, page 14.
- "Mary Morris McGarry" Publisher's Weekly, December 7, 1990, page 57.
- Mary McGarry Morris
--Eleanor 15:36, November 16, 2011 (EST)
back to Main Page