Andover Biography - Gerald (Jerry) Silverman
From Andover Answers
Jerry Silverman was born in 1933 and died on July 27, 2009.
A lifelong educator and devoted to youth he taught at Andover Junior High School, was Assistant Principal of Andover High School, and Principal of Georgetown High School, and the Assistant Director of the Massachusetts Secondary School Administration Association. He served on the Andover Youth Foundation, Andover Fund for Education, and the Andover Service Club. He was a strong supporter of the Andover Youth Center
Very active in the Andover community he served as a Selectman from 1980 to 1998. He founded the Breakfast Club, a group of Andover retired men who met for breakfast each week. He was was the Chair of Andover's Fourth of July Pancake Breafast Committee, and raised money for the Fourth of July Fireworks with jars throughout the town - "Jerry's Jars".
- "Fireworks money OK'd,(photo Jerry Silverman)" Andover Townsman, May 8, 2008.
- "Ooh, Ah! Fireworks to remain at high school," Andover Townsman, June 12, 2008.
- "Jerry Silverman Dies; Andover's "Mr. Fourth of July", Eagle Tribune, July 28, 2009.
- "Gerald Silverman, 76", Townsman, July 30, 2009 (obituary).
- "Silverman Brought Community Together", Townsman, July 30, 2009.
--Eleanor 12:30, January 25, 2013 (EST)
back to Main Page