Andover Bookstore / Andover Press

From Andover Answers

(Difference between revisions)
Jump to: navigation, search
m
m
Line 1: Line 1:
-
In 1809 Mark Newman became the bookseller to Phillips Academy. His bookstore was located on the first floor of the Andover Theological Seminary. In 1813 Dr. Eliphant Pearson moved a printing press to the second floor of Newman's building. The two businesses evolved in the Andover Press and the Andover Bookstore.
+
*Andover's First Printing Press was set up in 1798 by Ames and Parker
-
* See [http://www.andoverbookstore.com/History_Andover_Bookstore.html History of the Andover Bookstore]
+
 
 +
*In 1809 Deacon Mark Newman became the bookseller to Phillips Academy. His bookstore was located on the first floor of the Andover Theological Seminary.
 +
 
 +
*In 1813 Dr. Eliphalet Pearson moved the printing press to the second floor of Newman's building.
 +
 
 +
*The Andover Press and the Andover Bookstore evolved together.
 +
 
 +
See
 +
*[http://www.andoverbookstore.com/History_Andover_Bookstore.html History of the Andover Bookstore]
 +
 
<br style="clear:both;" />
<br style="clear:both;" />

Revision as of 20:26, May 12, 2006

  • Andover's First Printing Press was set up in 1798 by Ames and Parker
  • In 1809 Deacon Mark Newman became the bookseller to Phillips Academy. His bookstore was located on the first floor of the Andover Theological Seminary.
  • In 1813 Dr. Eliphalet Pearson moved the printing press to the second floor of Newman's building.
  • The Andover Press and the Andover Bookstore evolved together.

See



--Eleanor 16:40, February 8, 2006 (EST)

back to Main Page

Personal tools