Andover Bookstore / Andover Press

From Andover Answers

(Difference between revisions)
Jump to: navigation, search
m
Line 2: Line 2:
*In 1809 Deacon Mark Newman became the bookseller to Phillips Academy. His bookstore was located on the first floor of the Andover Theological Seminary.
*In 1809 Deacon Mark Newman became the bookseller to Phillips Academy. His bookstore was located on the first floor of the Andover Theological Seminary.
 +
 +
*The Andover Bookstore is the oldest business still in operation. It is now located in Olde Andover Village.
*In 1813 Dr. Eliphalet Pearson moved the printing press to the second floor of Newman's building.
*In 1813 Dr. Eliphalet Pearson moved the printing press to the second floor of Newman's building.

Revision as of 20:54, December 15, 2006

  • Andover's First Printing Press was set up in 1798 by Ames and Parker
  • In 1809 Deacon Mark Newman became the bookseller to Phillips Academy. His bookstore was located on the first floor of the Andover Theological Seminary.
  • The Andover Bookstore is the oldest business still in operation. It is now located in Olde Andover Village.
  • In 1813 Dr. Eliphalet Pearson moved the printing press to the second floor of Newman's building.
  • The Andover Press and the Andover Bookstore evolved together.


See



--Eleanor 16:40, February 8, 2006 (EST)

back to Main Page

Personal tools