Andover Bookstore / Andover Press

From Andover Answers

(Difference between revisions)
Jump to: navigation, search
Line 17: Line 17:
*''Andover Townsman'', January 28, 1954, page 3.
*''Andover Townsman'', January 28, 1954, page 3.
 +
 +
* "An Illustrious Town-Andover", ''The New England Magazine'', Vol. 1, No. 4, April 1886. p. 301+

Revision as of 15:21, February 16, 2008

  • Andover's First Printing Press was set up in 1798 by Ames and Parker
  • In 1809 Deacon Mark Newman became the bookseller to Phillips Academy. His bookstore was located on the first floor of the Andover Theological Seminary.
  • In 1813 Dr. Eliphalet Pearson moved the printing press to the second floor of Newman's building.
  • The Andover Press and the Andover Bookstore evolved together.
  • The Andover Bookstore is the oldest business still in operation. It is now located in Olde Andover Village.


See

  • Andover Townsman, January 28, 1954, page 3.
  • "An Illustrious Town-Andover", The New England Magazine, Vol. 1, No. 4, April 1886. p. 301+



--Eleanor 16:40, February 8, 2006 (EST)

back to Main Page

Personal tools