Andover Bookstore / Andover Press
From Andover Answers
- Andover's First Printing Press was set up in 1798 by Ames and Parker
- In 1809 Deacon Mark Newman became the bookseller to Phillips Academy. His bookstore was located on the first floor of the Andover Theological Seminary.
- In 1813 Dr. Eliphalet Pearson moved the printing press to the second floor of Newman's building.
- The Andover Press and the Andover Bookstore evolved together.
--Eleanor 16:40, February 8, 2006 (EST)
back to Main Page