Andover Bookstore / Andover Press
From Andover Answers
- Andover's First Printing Press was set up in 1798 by Ames and Parker
- In 1809 Deacon Mark Newman became the bookseller to Phillips Academy. His bookstore was located on the first floor of the Andover Theological Seminary.
- The Andover Bookstore is the oldest business still in operation. It is now located in Olde Andover Village.
- In 1813 Dr. Eliphalet Pearson moved the printing press to the second floor of Newman's building.
- The Andover Press and the Andover Bookstore evolved together.
- History of the Andover Bookstore
- Andover, What It Was, What It Is. : 300th Anniversary, May 30 - June 2, 1946, 974.45 And, eighth section Andover's Industries and Business Houses
- Andover Townsman, January 28, 1954, page 3.
--Eleanor 16:40, February 8, 2006 (EST)
back to Main Page