Andover Business - Alpers Fine Arts
From Andover Answers
Alpers Fine Arts, an art gallery owned and operated by Peter Alpers, at the corner of Main Street and Post Office Avenue in Andover, closed in January of 2009 after being open for seven years. Alpers partnered with Lowell resident Virginia Peck after the store closed and the two created a "pop-up" art gallery that they could bring from one location to another.
This location is now home to the UndercoverWear Lingerie Boutique.
- "Six Andover establishments named 'Best of Boston'", The Andover Townsman, August 3, 2006.
- "Gallery gone, but he's still connected" Andover Townsman, January 8, 2009.
- "Challenging times downtown", The Andover Townsman, January 8, 2009.
- "Leaders look to downtown", The Andover Townsman, February 12, 2009.
- "Former gallery owner Peter Alpers", The Andover Townsman, March 24, 2011.
- "Alpers opens gallery for holiday season", The Andover Townsman, December 2, 2011, p. 18.
back to Main Page
--Ruth 15:58, December 2, 2011 (EST)