Andover Community Trust
From Andover Answers
- Andover Comuunity Trust (ACT)was formed in 1992 by a group of Andover residents who decried the loss of affordable housing in Andover as there was a boom in real estate. In an effort to promote economic diversity, they decided to build low-income homes.
- The first home was planned to be under construction by September 1999 and was to be built at 110 Haverhill Street. The land was to be donated by Fred Fahey of FTPand the house built by students of the Greater Lawrence Technical High School.
- More lower-income houses were built later, sometimes creating controversy with their location.
- Group Pushes for Affordable Housing. Andover Townsman 11/12/1998, p.9
- Home Ownership: Fading Dream for Middle Class? (founding of ACT) Andover Townsman 12/10/1998, p. 19.
- An Affordable Dream: $165,000 Home on North Street. Andover Townsman 8/25/2011, p. 1, 17.
- Tech School Students Honored for Helping Build ACT Homes.(photo) Andover Townsman 7/26/2012, p.15.
back to Main Page