Andover High School
From Andover Answers
The first high school in Andover was the Punchard Free School, founded in 1856 by bequest from Benjamin Punchard. Public founded started in 1901 and the name was changed to Punchard High School. A new high school was built in 1957 on Shawsheen Road and the name was changed again to Andover High School. In 1968, this school became West Middle when a larger school was built on Shawsheen Road. Construction for a new addition and renovations to the high school began in January, 1995.
- Andover a Century of Change:1896 - 1996 by Eleanor Motley Richardson, (974.45 Ric) pages 158+
- Annual Report, 1995.
back to Main Page