Andover High School

From Andover Answers

Revision as of 20:51, December 28, 2012 by Kim (Talk | contribs)
Jump to: navigation, search

The first high school in Andover was the Punchard Free School, founded in 1856 by bequest from Benjamin Punchard. In 1901, the name was changed to Punchard High School. A new high school was built in 1957 on Shawsheen Road and the name was changed again to Andover High School. In 1968, this school became West Middle and a larger high school was built on Shawsheen Road. Construction for a new addition and renovations to the high school began in January 1995.

Andover High School is undergoing reaccreditation in 2012-2013. The New England Association of Schools and Colleges (NEASC) completed its review of the school in December 2012. The report will be available in the Spring of 2013.

See

  • "AHS needs to be more personal: Accreditation: Activism, teaching, food are strengths," Andover Townsman, December 20, 2012, page 1.
  • Andover a Century of Change:1896 - 1996 by Eleanor Motley Richardson, (974.45 Ric) pages 158+
  • Annual Report, 1995.



--Kim 15:56, December 28, 2012 (EST)

back to Main Page

Personal tools