Andover Sister Towns Association
From Andover Answers
The twinning agreement between Andover, Massachusetts and Andover, Hampshire, England was signed on June 2, 2000 at the Garrison Theater in Tidworth, England. It was the first formal agreement between the England and the United States.
The Friendship Bridge in the "Park" at Chestnut and Bartlett Streets in Andover, Massachusetts commemorates the sister cities agreement. The bridge figuratively represents the River that runs through the town of Andover, England.
A statue of Chief Cutshamachie (on the Andover, MA seal) erected in commemoration of the sister cities agreement in Andover, England.
- "Andover folks to visit sister city," Eagle Tribune, June 2, 2000, page 1.
- "Andovers seal 'twinning' agreement," Eagle Tribune, June, 12, 2000, page 9.
- "A little bit of England," Eagle Tribune, September 26, 2000, page 11.
- "Town leaders again unite: Andover and Andover," Andover Townsman, September 29, 2000, page 6.
- "A Tale of Two Cities: Andovers Seal Twinning Agreement" from the Andover Townsman, June 15, 2000, page 5.
--Eleanor 11:43, July 25, 2006 (EDT)
back to Main Page