Ballardvale

From Andover Answers

(Difference between revisions)
Jump to: navigation, search
m
Line 3: Line 3:
See
See
 +
 +
[http://andover.mvlc.org/opac/en-US/skin/default/xml/rresult.xml?rt=title&tp=title&t=history%20of%20ballardvale&ft=&l=5&d=1&f=at&av= History of Ballardvale]
* "Behind Ballardvale", ''Townsman'', November 6, 2003
* "Behind Ballardvale", ''Townsman'', November 6, 2003

Revision as of 19:55, March 8, 2012

The Ballardvale area in Andover is named after Timothy Ballard who owned a salt and grist mill in the 18th century. In 1836 John Marland built a woolen mill on the site that went bankrupt in 1857. The company treasurer, J.P. Bradlee aquired the mill, named it the Bradlee Mill, but the area continued to be called Ballardvale.


See

History of Ballardvale

  • "Behind Ballardvale", Townsman, November 6, 2003



--Eleanor 16:18, August 17, 2011 (EDT) back to Main Page

Personal tools