Ballardvale

From Andover Answers

Revision as of 20:20, August 17, 2011 by Eleanor (Talk | contribs)
Jump to: navigation, search

The Ballardvale area in Andover is named after Timothy Ballard who owned a salt and grist mill in the 18th century. In 1836 John Marland built a woolen mill on the site that went bankrupt in 1857. The company treasurer, J.P. Bradlee aquired the mill, named it the Bradlee Mill, but the area continued to be called Ballardvale.


See

  • "Behind Ballardvale", Townsman, November 6, 2003



--Eleanor 16:18, August 17, 2011 (EDT) back to Main Page

Personal tools