Cemeteries in Andover
From Andover Answers
- Chapel Cemetery at Phillips Academy
- Originally the cemetery for the Andover Theological Seminary
- Jenkins Family Cemetery
- Located off Douglas Road near the Jenkins Farmhouse.
- Graves in this cemetery date back to 1752.
- Old Burial Ground in North Andover
- Located on Academy Road in North Andover
- First burial ground established in Andover. Andover split into the North Parish (North Andover) and South Parish (Andover) in 1855.
- Saint Francis Seminary Cemetery
- On River Road
- South Church Cemetery
- Oldest cemetery in Andover
- First burial was Robert Russell in 1710.
- Spring Grove Cemetery
- This is the Andover town cemetery.
- Temple Emanuel Cemetery
- Corbett and Mount Vernon Street
- United Lebanese Cemetery
- Corbett Street
- Woodbridge Family Graveyard
- Behind 89 Jenkins Road
- Only 12 stones remain in this unused family graveyard.
- Originally the Samuel Jenkins family was buried there. They have all been reinterred at Spring Grove.
- The town adopted the cemetery at the 2002 town meeting.
- Andover Townsman, May 2, 2002
- Guide to Cemeteries in Essex County Massachusetts R929.5 Gui (The information for Andover is in the Andover File -- Cemeteries.)
- The Andover Historical Society has a list of cemetery inventories for Christ Church, St. Augustine's, Phillips Academy Chapel, Spring Grove, West Parish cemeteries.
--Eleanor 15:41, June 13, 2006 (EDT)
back to Main Page