Cemeteries in Andover

From Andover Answers

Revision as of 18:26, March 16, 2010 by Eleanor (Talk | contribs)
Jump to: navigation, search



  • Jenkins Family Cemetery
    • Located off Douglas Road near the Jenkins Farmhouse.
    • Graves in this cemetery date back to 1752.



  • North Parish Burial Ground in North Andover
    • Located on Academy Road in North Andover
    • First burial ground established in Andover. Andover split into the North Parish (North Andover) and South Parish (Andover) in 1855.
    • Memorial Hall Library Reference Desk has a notebook listing of all graves.

See


  • Saint Francis Seminary Cemetery
    • On River Road



  • Spring Grove Cemetery
    • This is the Andover town cemetery. At the annual town meeting on March 1, 1869, it was voted to purchase land for the cemetery. A history of the cemetery is contained in a pamphlet entited "Spring Grove Cemetery: Information and rules and regulations, June 30, 1941.
    • An online search by name is located on the town's website Spring Grove Cemetery search


  • Temple Emanuel Cemetery
    • Corbett and Mount Vernon Street


  • United Lebanese Cemetery
    • Corbett Street



  • Woodbridge Family Graveyard
    • Behind 89 Jenkins Road
    • Only 12 stones remain in this unused family graveyard.
    • Originally the Samuel Jenkins family was buried there. They have all been reinterred at Spring Grove.
    • The town adopted the cemetery at the 2002 town meeting.

See

  • Andover Townsman, May 2, 2002


See also


  • The Andover Historical Society has a list of cemetery inventories for Christ Church, St. Augustine's, Phillips Academy Chapel, Spring Grove, West Parish cemeteries.


--Eleanor 15:41, June 13, 2006 (EDT)

back to Main Page

Personal tools