Ford's Coffee Shop
From Andover Answers
Ford's Coffee shop, located at 14 Main Street, was started by Harold Heseltine and Leslie Ford Powers. It was originally a bakery and soda fountain and then became a luncheonette. Tom and Stella Koravos purchased the shop in 1954 and ran it as Ford's until 1994.
Ford's was Andover's political center. Locals met every day to discuss issues.
Tom Koravos passed away at Lawrence General Hospital on Friday March, 18, 2005. He was 85 years old.
Jay Leno, Robert Urich, Michael Chiklis, and John Kennedy Jr. frequented Ford's.
Starbuck's is in the space now (2013).
- Andover a Century of Change:1896 - 1996 by Eleanor Motley Richardson, page 25 (974.45 Ric).
- "Farewell to Ford's Coffee Shop," Andover Townsman, March 31, 1994, p.32, 33. (also memories of Fords, p.31)
- "Thomas Koravos; his Shop Served Coffee, Touch of Andover," Boston Globe, March 22, 2005.
- "Missing the man behind the counter," The Andover Townsman, March 24, 2005.
- "Murals from Ford's Coffee damaged, being repaired," Andover Townsman, September 22, 2011, p.10.
back to Main Page