Phillips Academy

From Andover Answers

(Difference between revisions)
Jump to: navigation, search
Line 1: Line 1:
-
The "Phillips School" as it was first called, was open April 30, 1778 by Samuel Phillips. The present campus was built in 1865. In 1807 the "Class in Theology" became a separate institution, the Theological Seminary.
+
The "Phillips School" as it was first called, was open April 30, 1778 by Samuel Phillips. The present campus was built in 1865. In 1807 the "Class in Theology" became a separate institution, the Theological Seminary. See ("Andover Theological Seminary")
See
See
 +
"An Illustrious Town-Andover". ''The New England Magazine'', Vol. 1, No. 4, April 1886. p. 301+.
"An Illustrious Town-Andover". ''The New England Magazine'', Vol. 1, No. 4, April 1886. p. 301+.

Revision as of 15:16, February 16, 2008

The "Phillips School" as it was first called, was open April 30, 1778 by Samuel Phillips. The present campus was built in 1865. In 1807 the "Class in Theology" became a separate institution, the Theological Seminary. See ("Andover Theological Seminary")

See

"An Illustrious Town-Andover". The New England Magazine, Vol. 1, No. 4, April 1886. p. 301+.


--Glenda 10:19, February 16, 2008 (EST)

back to Main Page

Personal tools