Phillips Academy

From Andover Answers

Revision as of 15:14, February 16, 2008 by Glenda (Talk | contribs)
(diff) ←Older revision | Current revision (diff) | Newer revision→ (diff)
Jump to: navigation, search

The "Phillips School" as it was first called, was open April 30, 1778 by Samuel Phillips. The present campus was built in 1865. In 1807 the "Class in Theology" became a separate institution, the Theological Seminary.

See "An Illustrious Town-Andover". The New England Magazine, Vol. 1, No. 4, April 1886. p. 301+.



back to Main Page

Personal tools