From Andover Answers
The "Phillips School" as it was first called, was open April 30, 1778 by Samuel Phillips. The present campus was built in 1865. In 1807 the "Class in Theology" became a separate institution, the Andover Theological Seminary.
- "An Illustrious Town-Andover". The New England Magazine, Vol. 1, No. 4, April 1886. p. 301+.
- "Andover, Past and Present, with Some Recollection of My Time" by Henry Austin Kitteredge. New England Magazine, Vol. XXXIX, Number 5, January 1909
- Big Woman on Campus: Phillips First Headmistress relishes Challenge of a Campus in Flux. (Barbara Landis Chase, photos) Boston Globe October 5, 1994, p. 31,34.
- "Phillips Academy's facilities guru heads to new challenge", The Andover Townsman, January 13, 2011.
- Andover Room File - Private Schools.
back to Main Page