Andover Business - Hughes Pharmacy and File:Kabloom.jpg: Difference between pages

From Andover Answers
(Difference between pages)
Jump to navigation Jump to search
No edit summary
 
No edit summary
 
Line 1: Line 1:
Hughes Pharmacy opened in 1854. The business was originally a jewelry store, located on Central Street, which had started to sell elixirs. The business moved to the West side of Main Street, and, finally, to the Barnard Building at 16 main Street. In 1967 Alan and Rosemary Hughes bought the business. In 1991 Alan died, and Rosemary Hughes ran the pharmacy with the help of a hired pharmacist. It became difficult to pay a pharmacist and also pay the increased leasing costs which were the result of  a foreclosure on  the Barnard Building. The pharmacy closed in March 1991 and the business was sold to CVS.


[[File:HughesPharmacy.jpg|200px|thumb|left|Hughes Pharmacy in 1978 from ''Andover Townsman'', Past and Present December 28, 2006]]
<br style="clear:both;" /> 
*Hughes Pharmacy Closes. ''Andover Townsman'' 3/14/1991, p. 1, 2.
<br style="clear:both;" />
<!-- insert signature here, if desired -->--[[User:Leslie|Leslie]] 13:39, July 31, 2012 (EDT)
--[[User:Eleanor|Eleanor]] ([[User talk:Eleanor|talk]]) 16:05, 8 May 2015 (EDT)
back to [[Main Page|Main Page]]
[[Category:Andover Answers Index]]

Latest revision as of 16:17, 8 May 2015