Andover Historic Preservation


161 ANDOVER ST161 andover st (click to enlarge)

161 ANDOVER ST

architectural description

House built about 1907 with Asbestos exterior; gable Asphalt roof; has 8 rooms, 1 bath, 1 half bath, 4 bedrooms. It is a one unit house with 2 1/2 stories and a small open porch on the front. It has a brickstone foundation and a wooden frame.

historical narrative

Originally owned by John Haggerty who was in charge of the Ballardvale Fire Station which is located next door. Dr. Gilbert, a dentist, lived in it next, then Arthur Reading family. It is now (1998) owned by Richard and Dolores Dunning.

bibliography/references

Town directories accessors office

Essex County Registry (Law)

inventory data

Table: Inventory Data for 161 ANDOVER ST
Place:
Historic District: Not Applicable
Address: 161 andover st
Historic Name:
Present Use: Residential
Original Use: Residential
Date of Construction: 1907
Source: Town Real Estate listing
Style/Form: Other
Architect/Builder:
Foundation: brickstone
Wall/Trim: Wood, Asbestos
Roof: Gable
Outbuildings / Secondary Structures
Major Alterations:
Condition: good
Moved:
Demolished:
Acreage: less than one acre; Acerage: 0.43 acres
Setting: Well placed with driveway to back and walk to front door
MHC inventory number:
Recorded by: Ruth Sharpe (Ballardvale Historic District)
Organization: Andover Historical Society
Date: Sep 1998

other historic buildings



 
Andover Preservation Commission logo
 
Andover Historical Society logo
 
Memorial Hall Library logo