Andover Historic Preservation


206 ANDOVER ST206 andover st (click to enlarge)

206 ANDOVER ST

historical narrative

Owners: Robert Benedict and Peter LeSaffe
Developer: Roy Umanzio
These wood and brick buildings represent the past and the present. Now distinguished by suite numbers, the R.W. Electronics, Mill Stream Carriage House, Inc. and the Ballardvale Company were once the wool dry houses of the historic Ballardvale Mills, dating from 1836, and later known as Storehouses A, B & C. The Sunlight (building?) is recent construction (1989) that successfully relates to the older ones.

inventory data

Table: Inventory Data for 206 ANDOVER ST
Place:
Historic District: Ballardvale Local Historic District
Address: 206 andover st
Historic Name: Ballardvale Mills Wool Dry Houses
Present Use: Electronics co. (1989)
Original Use: Wool dry houses of Ballardvale Mills
Date of Construction: Post 1836
Source: Preservation Award 1994
Style/Form: Greek Revival
Architect/Builder:
Foundation: field stone & granite
Wall/Trim: wood and brick
Roof: asphalt shingle
Outbuildings / Secondary Structures
Major Alterations: Rehabilitated 1986-87
Condition: excellent
Moved:
Demolished:
Acreage: less than one acre
Setting:
MHC inventory number:
Recorded by: C. Murphy
Organization: Andover Historical Society
Date: 1989

other historic buildings



 
Andover Preservation Commission logo
 
Andover Historical Society logo
 
Memorial Hall Library logo