Andover Historic Preservation


119 LOWELL ST119 lowell st (click to enlarge)

119 LOWELL ST

historical narrative

Themes: Architectual, community development, recreation, transportation.

This was an Inn when Chandler Circle was road to the ferry across the Merimack River, early 19th century. Owner was fined for serving liquor to Indians.

1900 -- William A. Trow taxed for house,shed , barn at site.

Present owner, Eugene Graves.

bibliography/references

Dorman, Moses; Map of Andover, 1830

Town of Andover Real Estate Valuation, 1900.

Poore, Dr. Alfred; " A Geneologic - Historical Visitation of Andover in year 1865 " - Essex Institute Historical Collection 1912-1914

inventory data

Table: Inventory Data for 119 LOWELL ST
Place: West Andover
Historic District: Not Applicable
Address: 119 lowell st
Historic Name: Trow, William A. House
Present Use: residence
Original Use: residence/Inn
Date of Construction: early 19th cent.
Source: style -njs
Style/Form: Federal
Architect/Builder:
Foundation: dirt cellar
Wall/Trim: clapboards
Roof:
Outbuildings / Secondary Structures
Major Alterations:
Condition:
Moved:
Demolished:
Acreage: less than one acre
Setting:
MHC inventory number: ANV.302
Recorded by: Stack/Mofford
Organization: Andover Historical Commission
Date: 1975-77 02/28/2006

other historic buildings



 
Andover Preservation Commission logo
 
Andover Historical Society logo
 
Memorial Hall Library logo