Andover Historic Preservation

89 ELM ST89 elm st (click to enlarge)


historical narrative

present owner Harris, George and Gail (2/2/73) Later owners: 3. Boomhower, Dorothy and John P. 5/17/68 2. Boomhower, Dorothy 7/22/57 1. Hayden, Robert J. and Frances 1/23/53
Themes, Architectural, Community development, Education
One resident was Frances Ellen Chandler, teacher in 1875 at old Central School-wooden building (probably by Jacob Chickering - see Chickering Bills, North Andover Historical Society at MVTM ) stood south corner of Central and School Streets. This building was moved 1888 to (from?) 127 Main St.

inventory data

Table: Inventory Data for 89 ELM ST
Place: Andover Center
Historic District: Not Applicable
Address: 89 elm st
Historic Name:
Present Use: residence
Original Use:
Date of Construction: 1830, c. 1850's
Source: style-njs
Style/Form: Other
Wall/Trim: aluminum siding
Outbuildings / Secondary Structures modern garage
Major Alterations: remodeled, no date given
Moved: 1888
Acreage: less than one acre, 11,229 sq. ft. ;67 ft. approximate frontage
MHC inventory number: ANV.182
Recorded by: Stack/Mofford
Organization: Andover Historical Commission
Date: 1975-77

other historic buildings

Andover Preservation Commission logo
Andover Historical Society logo
Memorial Hall Library logo