Andover Historic Preservation

28 PROSPECT RD28 prospect rd (click to enlarge)


historical narrative

present owner Edward H. Rollfs, III, Original owner Joseph Lovejoy III, Themes: Architectural and Community Development.
Per owner interview - hand hewn and pegged beams exist in this house - old gambrel roof. Per Dorman's 1830 map - Lummus House.
1769-1803 Joseph and Mary Lovejoy
1804-1806 Amos and Elisabeth Lovejoy
1806-1808 Elisabeth with mother in law Mary Lovejoy
1808-1811 Elisabeth Lovejoy
1811-1827 Elisabeth (Lovejoy) Lummus and Samuel Lummus
1827-1844 Daniel Wardwell
1844-1848 Simon and Margaret E. F. Wardwell
1848-1873 just Simon Wardwell
1873-1886 Alfred Wardwell
1885-1890 Mrs. F. C. Hunkins
1890-1916 Richard and Jane Reed
1916-1941 Frank and Annie Borneman
1941-1972 Ethel and William Buchan
1972-1973 Craig Rooney
1973 - E. H. Rollfs


see also Barn Survey
see Adam Rollfs for more info.
Registry of deeds

inventory data

Table: Inventory Data for 28 PROSPECT RD
Historic District: Not Applicable
Address: 28 prospect rd
Historic Name: Prospect Farm
Present Use: residence
Original Use: farmhouse
Date of Construction: c.1769 ?
Source: style njs
Style/Form: Queen Anne
Wall/Trim: shingles and clapboards
Roof: gambrel
Outbuildings / Secondary Structures garage, barn
Major Alterations: 1896 altered
Acreage: 1.15 acres, 14 ' from street
MHC inventory number:
Recorded by: Stack/Mofford
Organization: Andover Historical Commission
Date: 1975-77

other historic buildings

Andover Preservation Commission logo
Andover Historical Society logo
Memorial Hall Library logo