OverDrive Digital Books & Media
Download audiobooks, ebooks, music
and video that can be listened to or
viewed on your computer or transferred
to a portable device. Many titles can
also be burned to a CD. There are never
overdue books or late fees - titles
automatically return to the Library's
collection after 21 days.
Go to OverDrive Digital Books & Media
OverDrive titles are available
Public Library to anyone with an
Safari Business Books Online
Access more than 2,500 business titles online, each complete with a table of contents
with chapter links for easy page-to-page browsing. All charts, graphs, and other
images are included just as originally published. (Available to Memorial Hall Library card holders only.)
Go to Safari Business Books Online
Safari Tech Books Online
Access digital books on computing,
databases, programming, Web design and
more. The collection includes over 1,000
titles for the three most current years
from publishers such as O'Reilly,
Addison Wesley, Que and Sam's
Publishing. These digital books can be
read while you are online.
Go to Safari Tech Books Online
Other sources of ebooks
There are lots of resources offering free ebooks. Here are a few:
- Barnes & Noble Free eBooks from for the nook
- Project Gutenberg Contains a library of books that are out of copyright.
- Google Books Content of major library collections that have contracted with Google Books. Full text is available for books that are out of copyright. For books that are still in copyright, small portions of the books are available along with information for purchasing the title.
- Planet eBook Classic
literature in e-book format.
- ManyBooks.net Tens of thousands of free, downloadable ebooks.
- Shakespeare Online Complete text, study guides, and critical analysis of Shakespeare plays.
eBooks by Local Authors!
we launched an ebook making program! Children entering grades 1-3 were paired with
teen volunteers. Over the course of two afternoons, the kids, with the help of the
volunteens, wrote and illustrated original ebooks using
iPads loaded with creative
apps. The ebooks were then loaded onto our website and made available for download,
on a variety of devices.
Check out and download any of the titles yourself!