If you have a garden and a library, you have everything you need--Cicero (d. 43BC)
The mission of the Andover Seed Library, located at Memorial Hall Library, is to nurture a community of organic gardeners through the time-honored tradition of saving and sharing bio-diverse, locally-adapted seeds, increasing our ability to feed ourselves nutritious food.
- Provide free seeds to the Andover community from plants that thrive in our local area.
- Encourage the use of heirloom, open-pollinated and organic seeds.
- Encourage gardeners to save seed and donate seed back to the Seed Library from successful varieties of plants they have grown.
- Educate our community on various topics related to gardening, ecology, food and nutrition, health and wellness and the environment.
- Facilitate seed swaps by bringing gardeners together to create a culture of sharing.
- Promote the importance of organic gardening for our health and the health of our planet.