Every year, MHL receives a limited number of paper state and federal tax forms. To find out current tax form availability, please call the reference desk at 978-623-8430. MHL is unable to provide any assistance with filing taxes. Here are some other resources that you may find useful.
- AARP Tax Help for Seniors
- From February 1 through April 15th each year, the AARP Tax-Aide program offers free one-on-one counseling, as well as assistance on the telephone and internet to help individuals prepare basic tax forms. Click here to find locations in Andover and surrounding towns.
- Tax Help at the Center at Punchard
- Call 978-623-8320 to make an appointment for free tax assistance for seniors. See page 4 of the of the February 2021 News & Views for more details.
- Greater Lawrence Community Action Council (GLCAC)
- Low income residents (of any age, not limited to seniors) can get free online assistance with tax preparation from GLCAC. Read more on their website.
Helpful phone numbers
- For tax assistance, call toll free: 1-800-829-1040
- To order federal tax forms: 1-800-TAX-FORM (1-800-829-3676)
- State of Massachusetts tax help:
- Department of Revenue: 617-887-6367