This is the official site for forms and publications, but also has tax statistics, information for individuals and businesses, news releases, and summaries of tax regulations. Easy to use links and site searching
- Massachusetts Department of Revenue
- Yahoo Finance Taxes
- www.1040.com -- Tax forms, tax news and tax tools
- US Tax Code Online
- Face to Face Tax Help
- Free tax help for those who qualify provided by the IRS Volunteer Tax Assistance and Tax Counseling for the Elderly Programs.
Helpful phone numbers
- For tax assistance, call toll free: 1-800-829-1040
- To order federal tax forms: 1-800-TAX-FORM (1-800-829-3676)
- State of Massachusetts tax help:
- Department of Revenue: 617-887-6367
- AARP Tax Help for Seniors
From February 1 through April 15th each year, the AARP Tax-Aide program offers free one-on-one counseling, as well as assistance on the telephone and internet to help individuals prepare basic tax forms. Click here to find locations in Andover and surrounding towns.
- Tax Help at the Center at Punchard: 978-623-8320
Starting on Fridays in February, call to make an appointment for free tax assistance. See page 2 of the of the February 2017 News & Views.